Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Minimalist Chic


After making some observations on European and Scandinavian interiors I've realized that there is a different approach to designing a home here than there is in America. I've always loved the look of a layered home, one with a lot of detail and accessories and love to make the space just so. The Europeans on the other hand have a less is more approach to design. I have so say, as much as I love everything in the details there is something to be said about walking into a clean line and minimal home... I might call it a level of relaxation. No clutter, no excess, just simple clean lines and a lot of white pieces to soothe the eye. Even though the office above has very little going on I feel like it would be easy to focus in a space like that... simply put there isn't anything to distract the eye! 

I love this room as well. The white bedding is calming and serene and I love the way the bedding is made too! The rug adds a little pop of color and style and works well with the dressers that also serve as end tables... duel purpose means less furniture and therefore less clutter. 

Something about this space is so pleasing to me. Even though there is a lot more pattern going on, the lines and white throughout is clean. 

Another white and gold contrast going on here but with a little more color and pattern! 

What type of interiors do you prefer... layered to the max or minimal and serene? 

No comments:

Post a Comment