Friday, May 25, 2012

This Week's Recap

I know I haven't done a full week recap in a really long time and since today is a semi-day off, I figured I'd take some time to write one. This week was filled with a lot of laughs, hard work and was very productive despite what this post may share.

Monday
My parents got home from Puerto Rico Sunday night/ Monday morning after 5 days of me babysitting my sister and pooch. My mom and I got right to work on Monday morning (I guess you could say I am her newest employee) organizing, ordering fabrics and wallpapers and keeping client projects moving along. We had to run and do some errands, like pick out a rug for her client (funny story coming about it) and went to another store and found these awesome plates...
I also found out that another one of my friend's from school is coming to Rome with me! I can't wait... we've been planning our weekend trips just about every day this week. We were thinking Amalfi Coast and Capri one weekend. Have any of you been? 

Tuesday
We got a lot of shopping done for more of my mom's clients and then went to the main house to try out the rug from Monday's excursion my mom and I had a Lucy and Ethel moment. We wanted to see how the rug would work color wise in the house and decided that carrying a rug that weighed nearly as much as our combined weights, through the rain, would be a smart idea. We got the rug inside with little problem but once we unrolled it, there was no way that we could get the packaging back the way they had it and therefore getting it outside became a monstrous issue. After dragging it through the main floor of the house we had to pick it up and carry it up the stairs outside, through the pouring rain. Only the two of us would think about carrying this $9000 in this way, and we were laughing so hard it took us forever to get it to the car! So you could say it might have gotten a little moldy from our excursion! 
Lucy and Ethel Moment

Wednesday
We had a Bethenny Frankel moment... my mom has a studio room in our house where all of her wallpaper, fabrics and design stuff is stored and when my mom's other employee came in for the day the three of us were crammed in this room trying to work. With the dog of course... just like Cookie from Bethenny Ever After! The afternoon consisted of some more antique shopping and then I finally broke down and went for a run around the block. It felt good to get back into some working out this week along with eating my refreshing foods I have had much more energy! 

Thursday
Yesterday I was the assistant at one of my mom's painting jobs. Another highly productive and successful day that ended with a walk with the dog (I've been trying to take him every day) and a trip to the library to get some new books! I can't wait to start reading today... hopefully by the pool with some sun thought!
Here is the view from the house that we were painting at... right on the water!

A lot to read! 

Friday
Today is going to be a much more relaxing day. I have to return the rug today and then I am going to curl up under a blanket by the pool and read until about lunch time when my mom and I are going out with some family friends. Should be a great day leading up to a fabulous weekend! 

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!! xox


No comments:

Post a Comment