Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wellness Kick

This is my first ever post on wellness, but now that I'm in a fitness and health food kick you might be seeing more and more! I'll give you a little background as to why this summer has become centered on healthy eating and fitness. I don't know about any of you but I have always had very little energy throughout the day... I require about 9-10 hours of sleep a night (nearly impossible in college) and still wake up feeling tired. I've always been a healthy eater, I don't really like sweets, and desserts and eat a lot of fruits and veggies but lately I have made a complete food transformation in the sense that I've increased the amount of fruit and veggies by a lot! Yesterday alone I had... 


And what I've realized is that even though I am eating more frequently because the fruits and veggies don't fill me up as much as snack foods, I have more energy throughout the day and in addition am getting many more nutrients and minerals naturally! I've also been running occasionally, doing laps in the pool and working out at home (crunches, push ups, russian crunches).The next big step is to increase the amount of water that I drink... I've never been one to carry around a water bottle with me everywhere. Do any of you have any good ideas that might help? 

Maybe some of these cute water bottles might help my cause! 

Enjoy the beautiful weather! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment