Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Vatican

The first week of classes is already over! I can't believe this trip is going by so quickly... it makes me realize that I have to take advantage of every opportunity to go, see or do things. So far we have seen the Spanish steps, the Trevi Fountain, many churches around our hotel and of course the Vatican. Yesterday's trip was pretty amazing, here are a few pictures of the exterior... the interior ones aren't loading on my computer for some reason but I promise you will see some of those too! 


The dome

The view from the top of the dome... stunning!

Overlooking the front of the Vatican 

My friend and I the other night! 

As for this weekend's travels...

 We had a little problem in that we were planning on going to leave for Amalfi tomorrow morning and stay there for two nights and rent a boat and go to Capri for the days but there is going to be a public transportation strike tomorrow and we are going to stay here this weekend instead. 

We were thinking tomorrow we would see the Colosseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain (the last two we saw briefly but we actually want to get pictures at them) and Saturday we will probably go to Florence and maybe the beach on Sunday. 

Have any of you been to Italy? Any must see places that aren't so toursitsy? 

xox

1 comment: