Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Happy Hump Day!


~

Happy Hump Day Everyone! 

I can't believe this week is flying by so quickly... thank goodness it is. Midterms are next week and I can't wait for next Friday when I can check them off the list and finally get a day off, the first time since I've gotten here in August. 

Speaking of time flying, how is it possible that October is so close? While it is nice to have warm 80* days on the island I have to admit that I am missing the New England fall weather (apple picking, pumpkin picking and wearing sweaters, blazers and boots). Isn't it funny how we often yearn for something that we always took for granted? 

I've taken some time since living in Grenada to step back and be thankful for everything I have and to realize that nothing should be taken for granted, especially one's health. Between personal, family and learning about health conditions I've come to realize that health is everything and one of the main reasons why I am here is to find ways to help those with health issues. It is important to be thankful and while this experience has been far from easy I can't help but appreciate how fortunate I am for this opportunity to achieve my goal of one day becoming a doctor. That is something worth motivating me for. 

xo

~


No comments:

Post a Comment