Monday, July 2, 2012

Euro Cup In Italy

After seeing The Bucket List about 5 or 6 years ago I have always kept a mental bucket list, and last night, I added and checked off an item that I had never thought of... watching the Euro Cup in Italy with hundreds of thousands of people at Circus Maximus. 

Circo Massimo (as the Italians call it) was an ancient Roman chariot racing stadium and now consists of this...
On a normal day that is


Last night however, when Italy and Spain played each other in the Euro Cup the Circo Massimo looked like this...

Hundreds of thousands of people... watching the game on 4 Jumbotrons


 What it looked like later on when a couple hundred thousand more showed up
Photo via

 Italian Flags and Color Galore... even though they lost the Italians were still going loud and proud

I forgot to mention... people light LARGE sparklers in Italian colors in the crowds throughout the game.

This was on experience that I never expected to have but I will have to say has become one of those moments where I just sat awestruck at the amount of people that come to celebrate their team together. 

Hope everyone has a great Monday! I am getting some work done now and then we are going as a class to another rehabilitation hospital in town... then back to the hotel to do more homework due at midnight tonight. Hopefully I have time to see some more Roman history too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment