Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend In Paradise

Hello! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend... any special plans or pre 4th or July excursions? I just got back from the most amazing weekend vacation I have ever been on. My friend and I went to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Capri and Anacapri in two days. We stayed in Sorrento in a little hotel on the top of the mountain and then took boat trips to Amalfi and Positano on Friday and then to Capri yesterday. I don't think I have ever seen anything so beautiful in my entire life... these pictures don't do it justice but here they are. 

Thursday - Sorrento
We left Rome really early in the morning and took a 2 hour train to Naples where we then hopped on a 1 hour local train to Sorrento. I have to say, from what we saw, Naples was dirty and run down but getting to Sorrento lifted our sprits. We got to the hotel and sat by the pool for a bit and then explored the down town area for a couple of hours.

The view from our hotel

Amazing dinner

Greenery and flowers everywhere

Friday - Amalfi & Positano
We took a 1 hour boat ride from the port in Sorrento to Amalfi where we had 2 hours to shop and eat and then we went to Positano where we had another 2 hours to mill about. 


Gran Cafe was our choice for lunch

This was the view from our table... the beaches were only pebbles, no sand


 Positano Harbor

 The beach in Positano... on the hill was all the little shops

Before getting back on the boat we got lemon slushies... the lemon tastes so different here! 

Saturday - Capri & Anacapri
The two most beautiful places I have ever seen. We were dropped off at a little port and had 6 hours to do and see everything we wanted. We went to the blue grotto (quite an experience) and we had sandals made custom and did some other shopping too! 

Capri... 

I have never seen water this color in my life

On the boat with Emily

 Stunning... we went through the "love arch" with the boat! 

The view from the bus... those rides were scary! 

The blue grotto bus line... I will do another post on the blue grotto experience soon! 

He is making my shoes... I did a really simple leather pair and then got a pair with rope.

Went swimming through here!

Aggiungi didascalia
Found heart shaped rocks for the family... sorry the photo is upside down.

Bye Capri... 

This trip was amazing and I would highly recommend everyone to experience these majestic places once in their lifetime! If you have any questions about how we planned, where we stayed, etc. feel free to send me an email and I would be happy to help! 

Happy July! xox













No comments:

Post a Comment