Friday, January 18, 2013

Weekend Wishes



Last night I attended a networking event and panel held by the Women's Leadership Association at my school. I attended the event last year and appreciated all of the wonderful advice that women in all fields gave to us and last night was no different. There were three women on the panel, and all of them worked their way through fields that were dominated by men. 
And they made it through quite successfully...

I enjoyed hearing about the advice that they had to give and thought I would share some bits of the panel with you! Some of my favorite quotes included:

"Be fearless to pursue what interests you."
"Keep reinventing yourself."
"Don't be self conscious by your differences."
"All you have to do is have your name out there once..."
"Feed your head." 

One of the most important messages I took away from the event was that diligence, leadership and energy are the key factors to success. One of the women described it as having a spark and that is something that we should all seek! 

Success is clearly built on opportunities that are taken and effort, willpower and time. I have a long road ahead until I can consider myself successful in the medical field but I am appreciative to hear these words of advice now and can apply them for the many years to come. 



To a successful weekend... and a relaxing one as well! xox



1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of having a spark! Fabulous!
    Everyone should be working to have a bright spark.
    Donna
    thebeneblog.com

    ReplyDelete