Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Work It


I never thought that I would be saying this but I actually enjoy working out. Over the past year I went from going to the gym once every two months to going at least three times a week and I've never felt better! This year I have really been able to find balance in my school life and working out has undoubtedly helped me find a time during the day to blow off steam and reflect on my day. I usually run two miles on either the treadmill, or the indoor track {I can't wait for the warm weather to run around campus} and then sometimes go on the elliptical for another mile or two. I am getting ready for Color Me Rad, its just like The Color Run that I did this past summer. After my cardio workout, its down to weights and abs... I usually do a series of 5 different arm lifts and then I work on abs for 5-10 minutes. Have you ever tried 8 minute abs? My friend and I sometimes pull it up on our phones at the gym and work away. I never stay at the gym more than an hour {it usually ends up being close to 45 minutes} and I feel so much better when I leave. Working out gives me so much energy and motivation to keep the rest of my day going strong. Do you find that working out powers you through the day? 

Enjoy! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment