Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday's Motivation



Happy Monday everyone! I feel like a broken record but I really can't believe how little time I have left before I leave for abroad... I have a packed week seeing family and friends and getting everything checked off on my list. Initially I thought that my week would be low key and relaxed, but boy was I wrong. Sunday came along and it seemed like everyone wanted to meet up for a farewell dinner or lunch... and even though I need to pack and get work related things checked off my list I knew that I just couldn't say no. So... I said yes, to brunches and lunches and afternoon adventures and I will have to figure out time to get everything else done. I'm not the type of person to leave a long checklist of unfinished items no matter how busy I am... so that is where the figuring it out afterwards comes in!  

I find that Type A personalities tend to say yes to everything... and can't say no frankly. I had this conversation with a friend this summer that saying yes is not a bad thing because you are able to take advantage of so many more opportunities, meet new people and see more than if you just say no. For me saying the two letter word "no" is ten times harder than saying "yes." No matter how hectic things get for me I tend to say yes, even when saying yes is not convenient for me... I manage to make it work and just figure out my own schedule afterwards. How about you? Do you say yes always? 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! xox


No comments:

Post a Comment