Thursday, August 29, 2013

Words of Wisdom

Well hello there! I'm sorry I have been gone for a while... its been a crazy first week and a half and I've been exploring nonstop. I've been posing over here as much as I can and have visited so many amazing places, most of which I travel to on bike (trying to be as Danish as possible). In addition to seeing so many exciting sites, I have met some great people. My professors have been absolutely amazing... I love every one of them. The students on the program are unbelievable, I have met some great friends and have truly enjoyed adventuring around with them! 

On an adventure last week, my friend Maddy and I (people think we are roommates because we are always doing things together), went to school with our bikes and instead of riding them all the way home we decided to take them on the train. In Denmark everyone has a bike and when they don't want to ride their bike they hop on to the train's bike section... ever so eloquently of course. 

Well Maddy and I weren't so eloquent, you see, there is such thing in Denmark as bike rush hour and believe me it exists, we happened to pick a perfect time for the train to be filled with bikes and we had to set our bike into a spot on the train. We managed to do this okay but our train car quickly filled and we ended up getting boxed in, at this point the two of us just looked at each other and started to laugh. When our stop came up I managed to glide my bike through the others without colliding too much but Maddy happened to be in the middle of the train car and she was blocked in by other bikes and three strollers... She began pulling her bike out only to have two others begin to fall. She caught the other two bikes and some woman managed to catch Maddy's. 

By this point the two of us are laughing so hard that we can barely see from the tears in our eyes. In addition, everyone in the train car is laughing and staring... BUT they were laughing with us and clearly they felt bad for us and helped us get off the train. We both talked about this situation later and said that had we had a different attitude with the whole situation we probably wouldn't have gotten the helpful reaction that we did and we wouldn't have amused everyone else on the train either! They might not have all understood what we were saying but laughter became the universal language for us at that moment. 

Another quick laughter story... Maddy and I (of course) were at the grocery store trying to find balsamic vinegar. We walked through the whole store and had no luck so the two of us are walking around again and talking about how we can't find the vinegar. This man is standing directly behind us in the aisle laughing his head off at us... We might not have gotten the vinegar but we did provide amusement for sure! 

I'm really going to try and post more frequently in the coming months... Still in the process of getting settled and planning everything out. 

Hope you have a great day filled with laughter! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment