Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday's Motivation


It's crazy for me to say this but I've been officially living in Copenhagen for one month as of yesterday. It's been one month... I don't know how it flew by so quickly! I've spent the past month traveling around Copenhagen, seeing other parts of Denmark and going to Sweden too. Not only have I seen amazing monuments and attractions but I've met some amazing friends and can't wait for what is to come in the next three months (a lot of traveling to come). 

There was a point in the beginning of this trip where I would sit and look back and let it really soak in that I'm living here... Its still a little bit surreal to be honest. It doesn't feel like a month at all. I know that I am fortunate enough to take part in a once of a lifetime trip... this is amazing and I want to see and do as many things as possible while I am abroad. I don't want to look back... I want to keep up the amazing momentum and savor these next couple of months. As quickly as this month has gone by I know the next ones will to so I don't want to lose time. 

I was talking to some friends at the dinner table the other night and one of the girls asked what I had planned for the weekend. I told her that I was planning on going to northern Denmark to see castles and then to see flea markets and to Tivoli to see the fireworks and illuminations shows (they were absolutely amazing). She couldn't believe all that I had planned in a weekend... let alone all of the things that I've already done and seen around Copenhagen. For me, I'm not here to spend time watching Netflix in my room (I haven't watched any tv in one month) and while it's relaxing don't get me wrong, I would rather get my school work done and then go exploring. That is why I'm here.
I'm not going to become more well rounded by watching The Real Housewives but I will become a new person and learn about myself when navigating the streets of Copenhagen on my bike, or taking the regional train up north to see the castles. Those are the experiences that I want to have, not the ones that will make me look back and regret not spending my time wisely.  

I hope everyone has a week filled with exciting adventures and proactivity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment