Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday's Motivation


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

I was talking with one of my professors the other day about being present. She always gives us a five minute break during class and everyone darts their hand into their bags and pulls their phone out to catch up on social media, friend and family messages and game playing. No one is present anymore... dinners are intercepted by texts and calls, homework can't be done without Facebook in the background and instead of reading a book everyone goes online for hours. Even students in the classroom are constantly on their phones texting and emailing... to me that is the most disrespectful thing {how people can sit in the front row and be okay texting is beyond me}. 

I've learned over the course of studying abroad so far that the times that I am exploring and seeing new things are the times that I enjoy the most. Why? Because I am present completely, I don't have wifi to connect me to the outside world so I have no distractions. I've realized that it is important to take time to be 100% present and immersed into something... those are the experiences that are the most memorable and valuable! 

Have a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment