Monday, November 25, 2013

Balance of Happiness


I've finally surfaced! These past two weeks have been pretty busy... my last study break involved a ten day trip to Barcelona, Sevilla and Morocco and then I came home for four days and left again for Amsterdam for the weekend. I'm working on putting together some blog posts and pictures asap to give you a recap of the trip. 

The trip to Morocco was unlike anything I've ever experienced before, camel rides on the beach, tours through cities that had never seen tourists before, and bus rides through the most beautiful land I have ever seen. I felt like Morocco made an impact on me that was different than any other place I had been before, it was the people that really left me wanting to come back and even see what the rest of Africa is really like. I'd love to be able to do Doctors Without Borders or something along those lines when I get older to really get a less tourist view of what Africa is really like. 

I also learned a lot from the people, one of the tour guides we had when going through Chefchaouen talked about how the people of the area lived long and healthy lives. He was probably 85 years old and was marching us up hills and stairs to reach the top of the mountain that the city is on and he didn't stop smiling the whole time. He also talked about how healthy eating and religion were two important aspects of his life and the lives of the people in the area. The people didn't live extravagant lives like many in America do rather they live healthy and balanced lives.

After so much traveling {I'm not complaining by any means} I just felt a little off balance. Healthy eating went out the door and balance was not something that was possible and I really felt it. My mindset and my health were just a little off and it took me a night to realize that sometimes you just need to frame your mind to think positively and feel balanced. 

Happy Monday! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment