Friday, November 15, 2013

Weekend Wishes


Happy Weekend everyone! 

I just thought that I'd share some weekend links...

Now that I've had more practice cooking this semester I've been pinning more and more recipes to try. I think its time that I tried cooking this (closer to the holidays maybe) and making this as well! 

Have you checked out Matchbook Magazine's November issue? The magazine is very cosmopolitan and has the perfect mix of articles, photography and pieces that make you want to shop away. 

This past Friday I volunteered on what the Danes call a mobile cafe. I spend five hours serving food off of the car to the homeless throughout the city of Copenhagen. We went to seven different stops and were able to talk with the people and serve them some warm food on a freezing cold night. I was humbled at how welcoming and appreciative the individuals were and also for the gentleman who allowed me to join him and as a million questions. Such an amazing experience and one that I am really fortunate that I took part in. I found this link that allows you to look up different organizations to volunteer in the US. I am going to try and make more of an effort when I get home to involve myself further in actively volunteering... I have been donating microloans to individuals on Kiva.org for the past couple of years but there is nothing like seeing directly where your impacts are making a difference. 

Have a wonderful weekend! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment