Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thoughtful


I found this quote a few days ago but it is something that I live by. I grew up with my mom telling me to always be a leader and never a follower and I've taken her advice to heart. Being original and being yourself should never be a bad thing and everyone should be proud to be original in their own way. When I was abroad this semester I was able to really tell the difference between those that paved their own way and made their own plans and those that followed along and tried to fit in with a group. There was even one experience where I was at an event with someone from my program and we were given these t-shirts and the rest of the group was wearing them around and she said "they are putting their shirts on we should to" and I immediately thought about what my mom had said and said "be a leader and never a follower." It was at that moment that I realized that the friends that I want to make and keep are those that choose to pave their own way and lead themselves and do what works for them instead of following and trying to fit in with everyone else. Of course there are times when it is important to work with the group and be part of a team but there are never any good reasons why you should change who you are to become like someone else... be original and be proud of it! 

Have a wonderful day! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment