Monday, November 10, 2014

Homemade Granola


On Friday I was talking about how much I love Ina Garten's Homemade Granola and I made a batch since I am almost out of the one that my mom made for me. This is the perfect oatmeal or yogurt topper and I love how easy it is to make too!

I modified her recipe since I am not a fan of coconut and I like adding different dried fruits and nuts. I keep the base the same: 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats and 2 cups Slivered Almonds, which I then mix in a big bowl. Then I put 3/4 veggie oil and 1/4 cup honey in a small bowl and whisk them together. I pour this wet mixture over the dry oats and nuts and mix until the oats are all covered in honey. I lay this out on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Ina says 45 minutes but even after 35 I found some burnt pieces so keep your eyes on the oven! After the granola is golden brown I pour it back into the big bowl and wait an hour or two for everything to cool. I set aside apricots, dried cranberries and cashews to mix in after everything is cooled! 

Such a yummy and easy recipe to make!

~ANB~


No comments:

Post a Comment