Sunday, September 20, 2015

All About Mindset



It's hard to believe that this is my first post after such a long time away from blogging. 

It's also hard to believe how much has changed since I last posted... I graduated college, moved to the Caribbean and started medical school. Medical school has been a dream of mine since I was little so I sometimes can't even believe that I am here living this reality. 

I've been living here for over a month now and nothing about this transition has be easy. And I really mean nothing... I had to move dorms three days before our first big exam and then had a stomach infection for two weeks that I am finally getting over. But time and time again I think about how fortunate I was to be one of the 850 students in my class, to have the opportunity to attend such an amazing medical school and I look out to the ocean surrounding my campus and take a step back from all the stress and just truly appreciate how stunning this island really is (pictures to come). 

I have also begun to appreciate that every bump in the road that I have experienced has been put there for a reason. Whether it be to teach me a lesson, to push me, to challenge me, or to take me out of my comfort zone I have somehow managed to keep going. A lot of my strength has been due to the incredible support by my family but I've managed to become stronger myself too. I think it is important for everyone to appreciate their own strength and to really understand that when nothing comes easy it is for a reason and we can appreciate that we will become stronger individuals as a result. 




1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to watching this journey and can't wait for graduation when they
    call DR. before your name and M.D. are at the end of it. Love, Your biggest Chearleader!

    ReplyDelete