Thursday, September 24, 2015

Medical School Essentials


~

I've been here for well over a month now... hard to believe how quickly time flies! It became evident early on in the term that I brought along some essential items that I haven't gone a single day without using. I thought I'd share just a few of my top daily necessities. 

Eye Mask ~ This is a must. The caribbean sun shines through the windows early in the morning. Medical school students already run low on sleep so it is imperative that we get the best quality sleep in the little time we have! 

Lilly Pulitzer Planner ~ I wrote my whole term (tests, quizzes, labs and even breaks) at the beginning of the term and I check my schedule throughout the day. More importantly I check off each day on my master calendar to celebrate the accomplishment of completing another day of medical school. That also means one more day closer till I am reunited with my family for the break! 

Cashmere Travel Scarf ~ If you didn't know it already, I'm cashmere obsessed. Everyone laughed when I told them I was going to be packing cashmere to live on a Caribbean island. But I might just have to say I told you so. The study spaces, lecture halls and even my dorm room is freezing so I throw this wrap on and its basically large enough to double as a blanket. It's perfect! 

Beats Solo2 Headphones ~ I can't live without these. I actually got them as part of the Back to School promotion that Apple was running when I got my computer. They are amazing, I wear them in my room, to FaceTime and in the study halls. While they do squeeze my ears after wearing them for so many hours straight they get rid of background noise so I can wear them and not even have to play music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment