Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sunday Inspiration


Happy Sunday!! 

I've spent most of the past week dog sitting for two adorable ladies... a cavalier king charles and a little poodle mix. And spent the weekend home watching our family dog Teddy who I treat like a child. He's' a 13 year old cockapoo and is almost 50 pounds. 
I'm animal obsessed and have dreams of one day living on a piece of property where I can have dogs and chickens and who knows what else I'll fall in love with and add to the mix. 


Shhh. Don't tell my family, he isn't allowed on this sofa. Oops. 


Earlier this month my mom treated my sister and I to the Oprah 2020 Vision Tour at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York. What an inspiring day filled with so many incredible women leaders including Oprah herself, Michelle Obama, Rachel Hollis and more. I loved Daybreaker who started the day at 9:30 am with a dance party. Followed by Oprah, who I grew up watching with my parents on tv. She is truly incredible and shared about how she found her focus and paved her own way by doing everything with intention, being okay with saying no and living her own life according to her plans. 
These were all incredible messages to hear especially at a time where I'm putting together my rank list for residency match and will be going out on my own in the coming year. Lots of change ahead, but I've looked forward to being a doctor my whole life and cannot wait for what lies ahead. I'm excited at the prospect of being the best doctor I can be while continuing to grow as an individual and honing in on my intentions in career, and more! 

Speaking of more, lately I've been trying to find more time to be creative. 


After watching a couple YouTube videos on how to embroider and basic stitches I got right to work. I found this adorable inspiration image on Pinterest and just went for it in my own way. I'm going to get started on my next project and I can't wait to share update photos. Here's to hoping it turns out just as cute as my first try. 

I also just finished reading The Most Fun We Ever Had written by Claire Lombardo. I'd give it a 4.5/5 stars, its a wonderfully well written dynamic book about the stories of a mom and her four daughters as they navigate through life. The good, the bad and the ugly and most importantly the ability to be resilient along the way, at least that's something I took from it. 

My next to read books are Followers which is the Bad On Paper Podcast Book Club pick for February and Uncanny which I saw on NYCBookGirl's incredible bookstagram. I use both resources weekly for book recommendations and my town library miraculously has many of the new releases they mention! I read so quickly and am not someone to read books twice so I prefer the library!

Last inspiration point from this week is The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast. I'm definitely late to the party on this one, I've been following bloggers and YouTubers forever who rave about this podcast and just recently listened to my first episode where they interview Ed Mylett which was awesome and have been going into their archives to listen to some of the later ones. I'm always interested in learning about wellness, healthy eating, empowerment, self-motivation and more so those are the episodes I've put on my list to listen so far. I'd love to hear recommendations if anyone has top favorite episodes or other podcasts they love. 

Lots of inspiration for the new week ahead! 

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment