Saturday, February 1, 2020

This Week's Memories & Welcome Back


I guess I should begin by saying welcome back, or rather I'm back! 

I've always loved having a creative outlet to share words or wisdom, fun memories and inspiration and in the time that I've been gone I've finished medical school, applied to residency (more to come in March on this), am halfway through a Masters of Public Health degree, taught a Neuropsychiatry class at my undergraduate university, and much more. In addition I have spent way more time with family now that I'm back in Connecticut until the next steps of working as a doctor! 

I read 38 books last year, and already read five in January, am trying to learn embroidery, am obsessed with educating myself about sustainability, and wellness and just got back from an awesome few day trip with my sister in Florida. I thought the best way to start back up is to give a little recap of some special memories from this week, some things I loved and the books I read this past week. 

My sister and I left Sunday for a quick four day trip to Fort Lauderdale. It was such a great trip, we spent hours by the pool and the beach soaking up the beautiful sun. It was so warm, we both loved escaping the cold for 75 degree days. Only one day was cloudy but the others were amazing! 



Lunch with a view. 


Fort Lauderdale was so fun, loved the creative bike racks. 

Missing the warm weather already but I'm happy to be back home celebrating my mom's birthday today. 

Books from the week: Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes and Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid. I will be compiling a list of all my January reads this week and will include reviews then. 


Loving: I've always been a huge fan of Tory Sport and came across these Love Slides and got them for Christmas. They were my go to shoes over my FL trip and have a few other adorable colors too!

Also, when In Southampton this summer we stopped in to Tenet and I found the softest t-shirt ever. It's by The Great, called The Boxy Crew with hearts and I'm obsessed, it also got a lot of use over vacation. 

Healthy Living: I know the health craze last year was all about juicing but I've stuck with it this year too. I have been juicing, usually celery, carrot and apple or orange in the mornings before breakfast and its a great way to start the day. 


Happiness: Practicing gratitude has been a new part of my morning routine and it just starts the day with a reminder of all the blessings and good in life. Before getting out of bed I think about all that I am grateful for, whether they are little or big it's a great way to start the day. 


Girl Power: I am so proud of all that my mom does. She is now selling her incredible one of a kind art pieces in the Lillian August Flagship store in Norwalk, CT. We went yesterday to shop for her client's and I snapped a few pictures of her pieces on display. 


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! 

xo 




No comments:

Post a Comment