Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday's Motivation


Happy Monday everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! 

I've always been the type of person that tries to look for the good in people or find something positive in every situation. I will always remember my friends in high school and one of my field hockey coaches saying that they didn't know how I managed to find some hint of positive in everything. It actually became funny to them after a while because they would complain about something negative and I would say something like, "Well at least you learned..," or "In the long run you will be stronger." Don't get me wrong I'm not always Positive Polly, but if I can learn from an experience or know that I can change to make something better I will be positive about it or will try to make something positive.

I do know some people, however, who continually focus on the negatives. It could even be the littlest things... for instance my friend was telling me the other day that she had an okay night out because the place that she and her friends were dancing had okay music. To be honest with you I was rather flabbergasted... she was telling me that she didn't have a great night because of the music. In reality she didn't have a good night because she was clearly focused on the negatives no matter how inconsequential they were. Instead she should have been focused on what she had that was positive instead of being fixated on something so stupid. 

It really does come down to mindset and being positive and upbeat about as much as possible. People who tend to be positive and look on the bright side of situations can turn moments of adversity into a learning experience. 

Hope you all find the positive in your day! 



1 comment:

  1. That's so true... I had to show a lot of people that if they focus on the good things, even when the situation is negative, they outcome will be a lil better.

    ReplyDelete