Monday, December 30, 2013

Live Life to the Fullest


Some words of wisdom for today. 

One of the biggest lessons that I have learned in my time at college is to lighten up and be a little more open minded and spontaneous. While I like to be in control of everything and go by the book I've realized that life is all about the twists and turns and that is where you learn the most about others and yourself. Over my two study abroad experiences I was really able to learn how to lighten up and be open for just about anything. When you go abroad you really have no clue what you are going to be doing, seeing or what experiences and people you will encounter. 

One of the biggest and most amazing parts of my experience in Copenhagen was meeting my friends Margaret and Maddy, and even though we all lived in singles we called ourselves the roomies because we were always together. I went with Margaret to Maddy's apartment in New York yesterday and they both came back to my house to stay and catch up for the night. When the three of us our together I am completely myself and the three of us laugh and joke and we really live life to the fullest and take risks and just experience what comes our way. I truly believe that they are going to be lifelong friends because we are ourselves around each other (the good, hilarious, awkward and not so funny times). Sometimes in order for someone to realize who they are they have to find their people and study abroad is certainly an opportunity to do that! 

Have a great Monday! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment